zoom

Barack Obama Our First African American President

barackobamaandfamily.jpg Words can not express the joy I feel today as we, the best country in the world, celebrate our first African-American President–Barack Obama.

The road here was not easy, but through the prayers and hardwork of the faithful, this day is here. obamaandmichelle1.jpg

I thank God I lived to see this happen. I regret my dad who died on November 4, 1996 was not here to see it. When it was announced on CNN that Barack Obama had been officially declared the winner, I cried—but they were tears of joy. Joy beyond words.

Obama Presidential Party Mix

Other bloggers have shared in the celebration of our first African-American President (if you blogged, be sure to stop by and share your link):

Eathan @ IDW – Barack Obama and IDW

Single Mom Seeking – Election day, down to the wire

Very Smart Brotha – Shortest Post Ever

Single Black Male – Life is Good

Miss Polyamory – Barack Obama, The 44th US President

APOOO – President of the United States and the First Family

Related posts:

1. Poll – Who Should Sen. Barack Obama choose as his VP running mate?
  2. Today is History – A Change Has Come – Barack Obama for President
  3. In Barack Obama’s Own Words

20 Responses to “Barack Obama Our First African American President”

1. I said the same thing. Words cannot express.

2. Shelia says:

Girl I only got a few hours sleep..but you know what—I’m not sleepy.

3. Shaye Gray says:

I was late this a.m. because I stayed up so late.. GREAT blog, Goss.. Love it. Today is a GOOD day!

4. Valerie says:

It is indeed a celebration Sheila!! I’m dancing with ya!

5. Angelia says:

OH YES WE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLESSINGS!

angelia

6. Meachy says:

I MADE SURE I STAYED UP TO SEE EVERYTHING AND I WAS NOT GOING TO SLEEP UNTIL I HEARD BARACK SPEAK…..I CRIED TEARS OF JOY LAST NIGHT…MY MOTHER PASSED AWAY 11-9-98 SHE DIDN’T MAKE IT TO SEE THIS AND NEITHER DID MY GRANDFATHER WHO PASSED IN 2000!!! I’M GRATEFUL THAT I WAS ALIVE TO SEE AND I CAN LOOK @ MY NEPHEW WHO WILL BE A YEAR OLD NEXT FRIDAY AND TELL HIM HE CAN BE THE PRESIDENT IF HE DESIRES TOO!!

7. Teacia says:

Girl I came over here just for the Presidential Playlist!!!

Heeeey…CELEBRATE good times come on!!!

8. Eathan says:

There were alot of tears shed last night. I’m happy I was able to see it also.

9. [...] Shelia Goss – Obama our First African American President [...]

10. This is such an awe-inspiring moment. I was able to call my two adult sons and tell them they could be any thing they want to be.

Obama ran a brilliant campaign. Only God could have been leading his steps. This is like the biblical story of David and Goliath.
    For years to come, historians and politicians will be trying to understand what he did. He ran with something fresh–something that has never been done before–he ran with integrity, a new idea in our political system.

I am happy to be alive to see this day.

11. Michelle Monkou says:

I dearly wished that my father could have seen this day.

And when I watched Michelle come on stage and stand beside Barack, I was even more grateful for this couple who represent Black love, wholesome, loving, inspirational. They are role models beyond president and First Lady.

12. John Wooden says:

Michelle, I feel the same way, I wished my father and many other family had also seen this day, this historical night!

Shelia, monumental day, and his presidency can only be a success with our support! I’m excited and looking forward to the next eight years.

Check out my blog at http://www.jwooden61.wordpress.com...

Thanks
    John

13. Shelia says:

Thank you all for stopping by. When I hear the Star Spangled Banner going forward, I know it will be hard to keep the tears from my eyes—its like a whole new sense of pride.

14. J.Goss says:

Allahu Akbar!On This Great Day.The Day Our Ancestors Fought and Died For.It Is Finally Here.My Grandfather Left this Earth Just Last Year.This Would Have Been A Joyous Occasion.As Well as It Is for The Elders Whom Presence We’re Still Blessed With.Shukrun ALLAH(Thank God).But As We Know the Battle Is Not Won and The Struggle Is Far From Over.So We As A People Must Come Together.Differences of Opinion Is Welcomed.But Dont Get Sidetracked By Petty Ideas.That Only Bring Strife and Division.COINTELPRO .They Succed with Those Before Us With That Tactic.Divide and Conquer!But Yet With The Times Of Change.We Will Stand Firm and Stay Strong As A Nation.POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

15. This is such a historical moment. Not just to black America, but the the United States of America. A moment that most of us probably thought would never happen in our lifetime, if it happened at all. Certainly a reason to celebrate and a reason to pray all the more, that God will protect the Obama family and supply them with the wisdom of Solomon as they move forward to try and put this country on a more positive path.

16. Leah Mullen says:

That’s a beautiful picture of the first family! Two days later and I still can hardly believe it.

Here’s what I wrote on my blog yesterday “The Best Is Yet to Come!”

17. It’s time for us to take Obama’s lead and pick up the mantle for change. He will not be able to do it alone. It will take each of us individually and collectively to make the changes we desire. Just as it took each of us to make sure he won the election. Are you ready?

18. Nandi Crawford says:

To say I was in awe despite of the fact of the volume of people coming out in droves to the local polling places here. despite the fact that I knew within after seeing people in other states wait at the polls for HOURS just to have their right to vote, is nothing short of inspiring. When I saw that banner on tv saying he won; All I could think about is my father who died 5/14/07 and my sister who died four years and one week before he did 5/7/03, and wish they were here to see this occasion. they would have been proud. My brother remarked on the same thing. I am proud of Barack Obama and his family and I pray for them and hope you will as well.

comments-bottom

Featured Photos