On day 2 of the RomCon conference, I didn’t venture out much. I pretty much stayed around the Crowne Plaza hotel and enjoyed the full day of events.
Below are quick recaps from Saturday:
1. Romance Reader Roundtable was hosted by Jane from Dear Author and Sarah from Smart B, Trashy Books. Great discussion on book covers (likes and dislikes), what storylines people are tired of seeing and what readers are looking for but not getting, etc.
2. Shock the Queen
– it was a fun game. I only stayed for part of the session because I wanted to also attend the Romance Reader Roundtable; but I had fun while I was there. Participants had to answer “proper etiquette” questions in order to move on to the next round. Fun time was had by all it seems.
Some of the authors that were there were: Elizabeth Hoyt
, Hannah Howell
, Jo Beverley
, Pamela Nowak
3. Here are pictures from the two hour book signing.
4. The session “Murder, Darling, Murder!”
was a fun session. Authors joining in on the fun were Brenda Novak
, Pamela Clare
, Susan Crandall
, Tom Adair, etc. Me and my two co-detectives competed with other teams to solve a murder mystery. Yes, it’s official; I have earned my detective stripes because I figured out who the killer was and the motive. With a few more minutes I would have figured out the murder weapon–patting myself on the back for my detective skills. Congrats to the two winners.
5. I enjoyed the HCI Line Book Launch and party
for Judith Arnold
- free books, cup cakes and door prizes…need I say more. Here are a few pictures:
More of Shelia’s Adventures to come. Check back later.