Please join me in celebrating the release of my 21st novel. Although I write in multiple genres, my first book, Her Invisible Husband, was a romance novel so it’s befitting that my 21st book, Secrets Uncovered, is also a romance novel.
In honor of my 21st book being released today, I decided to reveal 21 secrets or things you may not know about me.
1. When I was a teenager, me and one of my best friends had aspirations on being the next rapping duo like Salt N Pepa.
2. When in high school, me and one of my best friends performed a Mary Jane Girls song in a talent show.
3. While at Southern University (SU) in Baton Rouge, I was Miss PCA (‘Port City Association) my freshman year.
4. I wanted to be an SU dancing doll.
5. Me and my best friend once snuck into an LL Cool J after party by pretending to be the relatives of someone attending the party.
6. I’ve always wanted my own radio show, “Quiet Storm with Oh Shelia.”
7. I once wrote for a few confessional magazines.
8. I used to have a crush on actor Don Johnson. I’ve watched every Miami Vice & Nash Bridges episode.
9. My favorite music group of all time is New Edition.
10. My favorite music artist is Prince.
11. My bank account is like a roller coaster…it goes up and down and sometimes it flatlines.
12. I’ve been wearing glasses since I was four years old.
13. I’ve been reading since I was four years old.
14. I don’t like onions on my burgers, but I like onion rings.
15. Someone tried to kill me once but calling on the name of Jesus saved my life.
16. I used to record voice mail greetings for customers.
17. I’ve been engaged but never married.
18. I’ve written books but I’ve had a hidden desire to be an accomplished songwriter.
19. I used to work for a law enforcement agency. Although I didn’t continue a career in that area, I like reading and writing suspense.
20. I’ve always had a vivid imagination.
21. If you made it to #21, it means you now know some new things about me. The last thing I will reveal is about Secrets Uncovered. There were scenes in the book that were hard to write because of things going on in my personal life.
A hot one-night stand could lead to a once-in-a-lifetime chance at love.
As the producer of one of TV’s highest-rated shows, Kem Phillips has a knack for creating the perfect leading man. But love in real life? No thanks. She has no interest in repeating her mother’s mistakes.
Thank goodness the star of her newest project is discreet. No one knows about the one-night stand they indulged in at her best friend’s wedding. He’s also a gentleman who always seems to be there when she’s in a jam.
Brent McKenzie has had his share of memorable moments, but that night with Kem is as fresh and hot in his mind as if it was yesterday. He’d love to be the man who comes to her rescue in all possible ways—if she’d let him.
When an emergency call sends Kem racing home to Louisiana, she goes against her better judgment and accepts Brent’s offer to go with her. Yet as everything she thought was true about her past crumbles, is his emotional support something solid to lean on…or a crutch she dare not trust?
Secrets Uncovered is available online. Order your copy directly from the publisher https://www.samhainpublishing.com/book/5470/secrets-uncovered
or purchase from other online retailers such as:
To read an excerpt, click here.
Be sure to visit all of the tour stops:
AAMBC (African Americans On the Move Book Club)
All the Buzz Literary Reviews
Barbara Joe Williams
Maxine Thompson Blog
Peggy Eldridge-Love – Living on the tip of my pen
Simpy Said Reading Accessories