**Media – For an online media kit, go to: http://www.sheliagoss.com/mediakit
Shelia M. Goss is a screenwriter, national best-selling author and a 2012 Emma Award Finalist. Her book, Montana’s Way, is nominated in the mystery category for a 2013 African American Literary Award. She has over sixteen books in print and over seven books as ebooks. She writes in multiple genres: Christian fiction, romance, women’s fiction, suspense, and young adult. USA Today says, “Goss has an easy, flowing style with her prose…”
In February 2014, Shelia’s seventeenth book, The Joneses, hit stores. Published by Strebor Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, The Joneses is an intriguing novel full of drama and plot twists. To find out more, visit the Simon & Schuster site directly by CLICKING HERE.
Some of her book titles are as follows: The Joneses (coming February 2014), Ruthless, Delilah, Montana’s Way, My Invisible Husband, Roses are thorns, Violets are true, Paige’s Web, Double Platinum, His Invisible Wife, Hollywood Deception and Savannah’s Curse. Her young adult book series is The Lip Gloss Chronicles: The Ultimate Test, Splitsville, Paper Thin and Secrets Untold.
She also writes under the pen name Sparkle and has a new young adult series: The Sweet Sixteen Diaries. The first book in the series is Sade’s Secrets, where readers will delve into the dynamics of a mother/daughter relationship. Crystal’s Crush (May/June 2013) is the second book in the series.There’s nothing sweet about turning sixteen as Crystal quickly finds out in this edgy tale of drama, intrigue and teenage love.
Besides writing fiction, Shelia is a freelance writer. She’s also an Essence Magazine best selling author, the recipient of three Shades of Romance Magazine Readers Choice Multi-Cultural Awards and honored as a Literary Diva: The Top 100 Most Admired African American Women in Literature.
Although Shelia has a Bachelor of Science in Engineering, her passion for writing has always been there. Shelia decided to pursue her life-long dream after being down-sized from a fortune 500 company.
She’s received many accolades since embarking on a writing career:
- 2014 Emma Awards Finalist for Romantic Suspense – Montana’s Way
- 2013 Nominated for African American Literary Award – Mystery Category – Montana’s Way
- 2013 USA Today “Happily Ever After” Recommended Read – Delilah
- 2013 International Thriller Writers Interview - Montana’s Way
- 2013 Women of Color, Power & Influence
- 2012 Feature on USA Today for Second Day of Kwanzaa – Montana’s Way
- 2012 USA Today Interview
- 2012 USA Today Review of Ruthless
- 2012 Emma Awards Finalist for Inspirational Romance – Delilah
- 2011 Top 20 Christian Fiction Novels of the Year – Delilah
- 2011 EDC Creations Top Books Award - Delilah
- 2010 Dallas Morning News Best Seller - Paper Thin: The Lip Gloss Chronicles Vol. 3
- 2009 EDC Creations Top Books Award – His Invisible Wife
- 2009 EDC Creations Author of the Year – Lip Gloss Chronicles series
- 2009 Amazon Best seller - His Invisible Wife, The Ultimate Test, & Splitsville
- 2008 BlackWebAwards.com – Best Female Author Site
- Disilgoldsoul 2007 YOUnity Guild Award – Most Outstanding Book Debut Promotions- “Paige’s Web”
- Infini’s Outstanding Author 2006
- Literary Divas: The Top 100+ Most Admired African-American Women in Literature
- ESSENCE MAGAZINE Bestsellers List
- #1 Black Expressions.com Bestseller
- Honorable mention in a New York Times article & Writer’s Digest article
- 2004 OneSwan Productions Female Author of the Year
- Three Shades of Romance Magazine Reader’s Choice Awards
- Dallas Morning News Bestseller
For links to past entertainment news, reviews & interviews: www.espot.wordpress.com.
just for fun
Favorite colors – pink, red, and black
Favorite music – gospel, old school R & B, neo-soul
Astrological sign – Virgo in the house
Hair color – Jet Black
Favorite time of year – Spring and Fall
Favorite Talk Shows: The View and The Talk
Favorite Movies – The Color Purple, Imitation of Life, Carmen Jones, Grease, Love Jones, The Best Man, Bad Boys, Two Can Play that Game, Love & Basketball, Jumping the Broom, You’ve Got Mail, and Waiting to Exhale to name a few.
Favorite TV shows – Scandal, Criminal Minds, The Game
Favorite Soap Opera – The Young and Restless & The Bold & the Beautiful
Favorite Thing to Do when I’m not writing: Reading…spending time with family and friends and playing spades.
My guilty pleasure – reality TV shows!
Thanks again for stopping by. Hope you’ve enjoyed your stay here.